Design creative pop-up cards for everyday celebrations.
Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
Lotus Flower CardLesson #9943
Teachers create thoughtful cards in the classroom to celebrate holidays and everyday events. Select from an assortment of dies to create thematic cards and encourage good character.
Use pop-up cards to share good wishes and warm sentiments on any occasion.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
Standard 5: Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- K-4 - Students understand that there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pens and Pencils, Glue, Marking Pen (Black), Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Scallop Card and Pop-Up #1 Card from green construction paper or cardstock. Fold each one to create two parts of the Card.
- Cut one pink rectangle from construction paper or cardstock to fit the Card cover. Write the words, "Wish You..." on the pink paper and tie a pink ribbon along the bottom edge (Figure A). Adhere to the cover.
- Adhere the Pop-Up #1 Card to the inside of the Scallop Card, making sure that the Pop-Up tab is folded forward (Figure B).
- Die-cut the Lotus Flower from pink and yellow construction paper or cardstock. Adhere the center of the Lotus Flower to the Pop-Up tab. Adhere the bottom half of the Lotus to the Pop-Up #1 Card, making sure the top half is tucked behind the Flower center (Figure C).
- Open the Card and write the words "Good Luck" and "Long Life" on upper half.
- Write the words "Health" and "Honor" on the lower half (Figure D).
- The card should easily open and close to reveal a blossoming Lotus Flower and sweet sentiment inside (see Main Photo).