Create a whimsical troll, bridge and billy goats for storytelling fun.
Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
Make easy-to-create craft stick puppets for classroom plays and holiday fun. Develop oral skills and build self-esteem as students portray characters with enthusiasm and confidence.
Retell "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" folktale with colorful craft stick puppets and explore the moral of the story.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils, Crayons, Glue, Craft Sticks, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut multiple colors of cardstock or construction paper using the Goat, Troll and Troll Bridge. Leave one color whole. Add highlights with additional layers cut from other colors and adhere to the whole shape.
- Highlight figure with colored pencils or crayons.
- Adhere the finished shapes to craft sticks for instant oral reports, storytelling and imaginative play (see Main Photo).
NOTE:See Tips & Techniques, Embellishing Lesson 3063 for more details.
Fine Arts: Theater
K-4 Standard 2: Acting by assuming roles and interacting in improvisations
- Students imagine and clearly describe characters, their relationships and their environments.
- Students use variations of locomotor and nonlocomotor movement and vocal pitch, tempo and tone for different characters.
English Language Arts: Applying Language Skills
K-12: Standard 12
- Students use spoken, written and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion and the exchange of information).
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.