Create a continent mobile for classroom display.
Students will create a continent mobile for knowledge and recognition.
Curriculum: Social Studies
Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Ribbon, Yarn, Twine, Poster Board, Glue, Tape, Thread, Kite String, Fishing Line, Stickers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.There is no easier way to build a mobile than with a Spiral die-cut.
1. Die-cut the large or extra large Spiral from poster board and punch holes along the Spiral to suspend die-cuts (Figure A).
2. Make a large knot with ribbon, yarn or twine, and pull through the center hole in the Spiral until taut against the Spiral. Use the ribbon to hang the Spiral (Figure B).
3. Die-cut two of each Continent die (Figure C).
4. Tape a length of white thread, kite string or fishing line to the back of one die-cut. Tape, glue the matching die-cut to the first die-cut to sandwich the thread, leaving a 12" length of thread extending from the top of the die-cut.
5. Pull the thread through a hole in the Spiral and place a sticker over the thread and hole to secure thread in place.