Four Seasons Chart
Create a poster showing the four seasons.
Students create visuals for projects, reports and stories.
Recommended Grade Level: 1-2
Science: Earth and Space Science
- As a result of the activities in grades K-4, all students should develop an understanding of changes in the earth and sky.
Create a fun chart recognizing the elements of different seasons. Consider creating with vinyl or felt to mix and match the seasons and compare elements.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Poster Board, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a 18" x 22" piece of poster board to create a chart. Round the corners of the chart.
- Cut three 1/2" strips of cardstock or construction paper 18" long to create dividing lines on the chart. Center the first strip vertically, aligning the bottom with the bottom of the chart. Put the second one horizontally across the chart where the vertical strip ends, creating a title area. Center the third strip horizontally between the top strip and the bottom of the chart, creating four sections. Adhere the strips to the chart (Figure A).
- Die-cut the letters used to spell out "FOUR SEASONs" from cardstock or construction paper using the 3" Block Capital Letters (see Main Photo).
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Snowflake from two shades of lavender cardstock or construction paper. Slightly offset the Snowflakes to create a shadow effect.
- Die-cut the Basic Beginnings LG Snowman from light lavender cardstock or construction paper. Put scraps of the darker color behind the eyes for accent.
- Die-cut the LG Basic Beginnings Tree from green and brown cardstock or construction paper. Trim the trunk from the green Tree and adhere the green foliage to the brown Tree.
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Leaf from green paper and the SM Basic Beginnings Raindrops from lavender paper.
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Sun from orange and yellow cardstock or construction paper. Cut along the perforated lines on the yellow Sun and adhere the yellow center to the orange Sun.
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Butterfly from purple and light green paper. Cut the wings from the light green Butterfly and adhere the body over the purple Butterfly body.
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Flower from pink cardstock or construction paper. Put a scrap of yellow behind the center opening.
- Die-cut the LG Basic Beginnings Tree from orange, red and brown cardstock or construction paper. Trim the trunk from the orange Tree and adhere the orange foliage to the brown Tree. Trim away half the foliage and the trunk from the red Tree and use to add highlights to the Tree.
- Die-cut the SM Maple Leaf from light orange paper.
- Die-cut the SM Basic Beginnings Clouds from shades of blue paper.
Adhere the title and season elements to the chart (see Main Photo).