Celebrate School Invitations
Use the Apple to create special invitations for any event from Back-to-School Night to Open House.
Design unique cards welcoming parents to Back-To-School Night. Enter Back-To-School Night information in the card to invite loved ones to a most memorable event. Students may write a special message in the card for their parent, guardian or special loved one to read.
Guide students to create fun invitations with personalized messages for special events.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Chalk, Crayons, Pen, Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold a piece of red cardstock or construction paper in half. Place the folded edge of the paper just inside the cutting edge on the side of the Apple and die-cut (Figure A). This will create the card.
- Place brown paper over the stem and leaf area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the brown stem and adhere to the front of the Apple card (see Main Photo).
- Place green paper over the leaf area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the leaf and adhere to the brown stem (see Main Photo).
- Write a message on a small tag cut from white paper and adhere to the top of the card.
- Cut a 5" length of thin green ribbon. Tie the ribbon in a bow and attach to the top of the card (see Main Photo).
- Figure A