Note: This lesson can be created using either Ellison AllStar or SureCut Dies.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pens, Crayons, Glue, Scissors, String
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut two 12" circles using 12" x 18" blue cardstock or construction paper. Draw a 10" circle inside the 12" circles and cut along the lines to make two rings (see Main Photo). Or, using two paper plates, cut out the inside of each plate and color the rings blue.
- Hand print or use adhesive letters at the top of one ring for the title.
- Cut a long piece of string or kite twine. Place one end of the string across the opening of the ring without the title and tape in place at the top and bottom of the ring. Adhere the two rings together, sandwiching the string between the two rings (Figure A).
- Die-cut two Rainbows using purple paper. Die-cut one Rainbow from each of yellow, red, blue and green papers. Leave the purple Rainbows whole. Cut along the perforations for each color and adhere to a purple Rainbow (see Main Photo).
- Place the plain purple Rainbow 1" down from the inside top of the ring under the string and tape in place. Adhere the embellished Rainbow on top of the string, sandwiching the string between the two Rainbows (Figure B).
- Die-cut two dark brown Noah's Arks and leave whole. Die-cut the top half of Noah's Ark using light brown paper. Cut down the sides to the slit of the light brown house shape.
- Attach a piece of white paper behind the windows and door of the light brown house shape. Adhere the embellished house shape to a dark brown Ark.
- Place the plain brown Ark 1" up from the inside bottom of the ring under the string and tape in place. Adhere the embellished Ark on top of the string, sandwiching the string between the two Arks (Figure C).
- Die-cut two each of Noah's Ark Animals, Camel and Elephant and Noah's Ark Animals, Giraffe and Lion using appropriate colored paper. Use colored pens or crayons to embellish.
- Adhere the Animals to the ring as desired (see Main Photo).