Layered Shape Cupcake Toppers
Create colorful cupcake toppers for class celebrations.
Create fun cupcake toppers for any holiday or occasion. Decorate and layer colorful shapes to create unique toppers for any party. Die-cut and layer photographs to add a personal touch!
Use Layered Shapes to create fun cupcake toppers for class parties, special events or incentives.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Construction or Patterned Paper, Glue, Photograph, Thin Craft Stick or Toothpick
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Layered Shapes from a variety of colored cardstock, construction paper or patterned paper. Consider die-cutting a photograph with one of the smaller shapes (see Main Photo).
- Layer the smaller shape onto the larger shape and adhere.
- Attach a thin craft stick or toothpick behind each Layered Shape and place in cupcake (see Main Photo).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- K-4 - Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
- 5-8 - Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas.
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 - Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.