Field Day and Friendship Wristbands
Decorate Wristbands with creative shapes and personalize for year-round fun.
Create unique Wristbands for holidays, school programs, social awareness activities or everyday fun. Decorate Wristbands with different lines, shapes, textures and colors. Create with student names as an ice-breaker activity for the first days of school. Personalized Wristbands are great for pep rallies, campus events, student council campaigns or celebrating friendships.
Decorate Wristbands with an assortment shapes or messages for any current event or occasion!
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction Paper, Gel Pens, Leather, Permanent Markers, Polyfoam
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Wristbands and Shapes from leather, polyfoam or construction paper.
- Cut vertical slits in the desired Shapes and slide onto Wristbands. Alternatively, adhere Shapes to Wristbands.
- Use permanent markers or gel pens to highlight special events or occasions.
- Cut Wristbands along perforations and assemble for the best fit (see Main Photo).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- K-4 - Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
- 5-8 - Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas.
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 - Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.