Welcome Back to School Puzzle
Design a welcoming Puzzle for back to school.
Design unique Puzzles welcoming parents to Back-To-School Night. Enter Back-To-School Night information on the Puzzle to invite loved ones to a most memorable event. Students may write a special message on the Puzzle for their parent, guardian or special loved one to read.
Create fun Puzzles with students and present to visitors on Back-to-School Night!
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Construction Paper, Colored Pencils, Crayons, Double-Sided Tape, Pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Apple from various colors of construction paper. Keep one shape whole and cut highlights from other shapes. Layer and adhere to embellish. Adhere the embellished Apple to a contrasting colored construction paper or cardstock.
- Die-cut the layered shapes to create the Apple Puzzle.
- Write the desired message on the Puzzle pieces to complete (see Main Photo).
- Note: Create additional Puzzles with an assortment of dies (see Main Photo #2).
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
Standard 5: Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- K-4 - Students understand that there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.