Apple, Heart & Star Gatefold Cards
Create fun cards and invitations for any holiday or occasion.
These versatile cards can support writing exercises in all major subject areas and current events. The students may be prompted to explore any genre to express ideas. Enjoy these creative cards for language arts fun!
Celebrate writing with clever Gatefold Cards.
Supplies Used: Cardstock or Construction Paper, Colored Pens
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Cards using various colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Fold along perforations and embellish as desired.
- Add clever titles on the Gatefolds and creative writing on the inside (see Main Photo).
English Language Arts: Communication Strategies
K-12: Standard 5
- Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
English Language Arts: Developing Research Skills
K-12: Standard 8
- Students use a variety of technological and information resources (e.g., libraries, databases, computer networks, video) to gather and synthesize information and to create and communicate knowledge.
English Language Arts: Applying Non-English Perspectives
K-12: Standard 10
- Students whose first language is not English make use of their first language to develop competency in the English language arts and to develop an understanding of content across the curriculum.
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.