Sweet Treat Flashcards
Laura Kelly's adorable flashcards make learning facts incredibly fun!
Manipulatives reinforce concepts in any subject area. Math manipulatives strengthen problem solving, equivalents and conversions skills. Create unique flashcards to improve number sense and memorization of basic multiplication, division, addition and subtraction problems. Develop mental math skills through guided instruction, group work and individual practice. Challenge students to create fun flashcards for math vocabulary and two-step problems. Consider creative flashcards for any subject area across curriculum.
Use Laura Kelly flashcards to teach any concept from math facts to social studies and language arts.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils, Crayons, Glue, Marker (Black), Letters and Numbers (Adhesive), Scissors, Tape (Double-Sided)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Flashcards using various colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Label each piece of the Flashcard with math facts.
- Alternatively, use a black marker or self-adhesive numbers to create a problem on one side and the solution on the other side.
- Chalk or crayons may be used to add highlights (see Main Photo).
Mathematics, Grade 4: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
4.OA 1. Interpret a multiplication equation as a comparison, e.g., interpret 35 = 5 7 as a statement that 35 is 5 times as many as 7 and 7 times as many as 5. Represent verbal statements of multiplicative comparisons as multiplication equations.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
K-4 Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
K-4 Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.