Personalize distinctive wristbands by weaving ribbons or paper into their openings.
Wristbands offer an opportunity for student imagination and creativity to evolve, implementing various materials and colors into each design.
Create a fun wristband to identify students on a field trip or the playground, or make as a gift for special occasions. Encourage eye-hand coordination through weaving techniques.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction Paper, Leather, Poly Foam, Ribbons, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Wristbands from leather, poly foam or construction paper.
- Weave ribbon through Wristband if desired.
- Cut an 8" length of ribbon and thread ribbon through the two end holes on the Wristband.
- Slip it on the student’s wrist and tie in a bow.
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 1: Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- K-4 – Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
- 5-8 – Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas.
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 – Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
- 5-8 – Students integrate visual, spatial and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks.