Have fitness take shape and come to life with this stand-up Weightlifter.
Use this Weightlifter as part of a lesson based on fitness and health.
Students can incorporate the Weightlifter to illustrate their report on daily health and fitness.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Crayons, Markers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half horizontally. Bring the folded edge to just under the blade at the top of the Weightlifter design and cut. The fold allows the Weightlifter shape to stand up.
- Die-cut the Weightlifter in various colors of construction paper for the uniform and barbells, or have the students use crayons or markers to add color to different areas.
- The perforations on the die make it easy to cut and attach the embellished parts.
- The finished Weightlifter can be used to illustrate sports, health or fitness in oral or written reports.
- In a summer Olympic year, the weightlifter can also be used to create a chart or graph of participants and the total amount each person lifted.
English Language Arts – Writing – Grade 3
- Introduce a topic and group related information together; include illustrations when useful to aiding comprehension.
Physical Education and Health Standards
NPH-H.K-4.3 Reducing Health Risks
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning
Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks
- Demonstrate strategies to improve or maintain personal health.