Health & Hygiene
Demonstrate personal health and hygiene using the Toothbrush, Comb and Shampoo shapes.
Discussing health issues and behaviors is easy to illustrate with the use of these hygienic shapes.
Introduce and identify concepts related to health and disease prevention.
Supplies Used: Construction paper, Crayons, Markers, Pop-up sponge
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut each shape using construction paper and let the students color the shapes with crayons or markers. The perforations on the dies make coloring easy.
- Discuss the importance of brushing teeth every day for good dental hygiene.
- Explain why combing, brushing and washing their hair keeps it neat, clean and healthy.
- Die-cut the Soap shape using pop-up sponge and dip one shape in water to show how the Soap will expand.
- Encourage the students to take a bath or shower daily using their own sponge to keep their body clean.
- When discussing health and hygiene these dies come in handy!
Fine Arts & Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum
Physical Education and Health Standards
NPH-HK-4.1 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention
- Describe relationships between personal health behaviors and individual well being.
NPH-H.K-4.3 Reducing Health Risks
Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks
- Identify responsible health behaviors.
- Identify personal health needs.
- Demonstrate strategies to improve or maintain personal health.
NPH-HK-4.6 Setting Goals for Good Health
Students will demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting and decision-making skills to enhance health
- Demonstrate the ability to apply a decision-making process to health issues and problems.
- Predict outcomes of positive health decisions.
- Set a personal health goal and track progress toward its achievement.
NS.K-4.6 Personal and Social Perspectives
As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop understanding of
- Personal health
- Type of resources