3-D Christmas Tree Door/Bulletin Board
Decorate a classroom door or bulletin board with this festive Christmas tree display.
Create an eye-catching design with a Christmas tree that will brighten any door or bulletin board.
Add to holiday joy and décor with this dimensional tree.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Double-sided tape, Foam adhesive dots, Ruler
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut 18 or more Bulletin Board, 3-D Christmas Tree shapes from green construction paper.
- Fold on two of the perforated lines. (The 1/2" tab is marked with a perforated edge purely for tape placement and doesn’t need folding.)
- Place double-sided tape on the outside 1/2" tab, and bring the other side of the tree design over and secure at the bottom.
- Place a ruler inside the tree design to use as a base while pressing down on the tape to close the design.
- Fasten the bottom row of 3-D tree designs with tape on a door (or use a stapler if on a bulletin board).
- Tape the next row over the top of the bottom row, and continue rows to the top.
- Die-cut an LG Star from gold and yellow construction paper.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of the star, and attach at the top of the tree (Main Photo).
- Colorful squares and rectangles with bows can be added to look like presents under the tree.
- Figure 1
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.