Bare Tree & Leaves Door/Bulletin Board
Decorate a classroom door with a tree that has student names on the leaves.
Each leaf on the tree features a student’s name, welcoming them to their classroom.
Create a tree-mendous door décor for your class.
Supplies Used: Construction paper, Crayons or markers, Double-sided tape, Foam adhesive, Scissors, Stickers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the base of the tree from brown construction paper. Die-cut as many straight trunks to make the height for the tree match the door, and attach to the door with tape (or use a stapler on a bulletin board).
- Die-cut the tapered trunk, and attach to the top of the straight tree trunks.
- Die-cut as many branches as desired, align them with the tree trunk and attach to the door.
- Die-cut the leaves from various colors of green paper. Add veins and shading to the leaves with crayons or markers.
- Handwrite or place student names on the leaves with alphabet stickers, and attach to the tree (or students can print or write their own names).
- Die-cut Butterflies from various colors of paper, and decorate.
- Attach foam to the back of the Butterflies for dimension, and attach to the tree (Close-Up Photo).
- Figure o
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.