USA Flag Letters
These letters will stand up and salute on a patriotic-themed bulletin board.
Make your own red, white and blue letters to show allegiance to the United States flag.
These bulletin board letters can be used to enhance any patriotic theme such as the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day or President’s Day and for inspiration when writing letters of support to our troops.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Hole or star punch, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut two 4 1/2" strips of construction paper, one white and one red. Leave the white one whole.
- With scissors, cut long wavy lines out of the red strip. Attach the wavy red lines to the white paper leaving white spaces between the red lines.
- Cut a narrow strip of blue construction paper. Punch multiple holes in the blue paper using a hole or star punch.
- Cover the entire back of the blue strip with adhesive, and attach to the top of the white strip to resemble a flag.
- Carefully place the blue strip at the top of a letter on the die, and die-cut the letters USA (Main photo).
- Make letters of different colors for various holiday and theme bulletin boards.
English Language Arts
Production and Distribution of Writing, Grade 3
- With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose.
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.
Social Sciences-US History
NSS-USH.K-4.3 The History of the United States: Democratic Principles and Values and the People from Many Cultures who Contributed to its Cultural, Economic and Political Heritage
- Understands how democratic values came to be, and how they have been exemplified by people, events and symbols.