Butterfly Puzzle Pieces
Create puzzles for math facts and spelling words.
Students will have fun finding puzzle pieces that fit together for practice in all subject areas.
Students will drill and review both math facts and spelling words with these easy-to-make puzzle pieces.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or poster board, Marker, Scissors, Stickers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Butterfly in the center of a 6" x 7" piece of cardstock or poster board.
- Adhere a 6 3/4" x 7 3/4" piece of poster board to the back of this piece, creating a cavity for seating puzzle pieces.
- Die-cut the Butterfly cutout using Puzzle #3. With a marker or stickers, place multiplication or any math facts with the equations and answers on the Butterfly pieces.
- Students will then assemble the correct equation and answers in the well (Main Photo).
- For compound words or two-piece puzzles, die-cut the Butterfly from various colors of cardstock or poster board.
- Die-cut the Butterfly cutout using the Puzzle Maker.
- With stickers or a marker, add the two words that make the compound word on the two Butterfly pieces (Main Photo).
English Language Arts
NL-ENG.K-12.12 Applying Language Skills
- Students use spoken, written and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion and the exchange of information).
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.