Die-cut magnets from any shape to turn magnetic chalk/white boards into activity centers or to sell for fundraising activities.
Die-cut magnets of the school mascot or any shape, and sell to fund school projects and activities.
Encourage students to understand the properties of magnets and how they can be used in multiple ways.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Permanent marker, Scissors, Self-adhesive magnet sheets
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut 1/2" strips from various colors of construction paper.
- Peel off the backing from the magnet sheets, and apply the strips diagonally to the magnet.
- Die-cut the Butterflies from the embellished magnet sheet.
- Use a permanent marker to write the school name or activity on the decorated magnet (Main Photo).
- Sell the decorated magnets at fundraisers and school sporting events and activities.
- Also die-cut magnet letters and numbers to convert a magnetic chalk/white board into a student game center.
- Discuss magnetism in the classroom, and identify objects on which magnets will adhere.
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
NS.K-4.2 Physical Science
As a result of activities in grades K–4, all students should develop understanding of:
- Properties of objects and materials
- Position and motion of objects
- Light, heat, electricity and magnetism