Butterfly Gate Fold Card
Motivate good attendance at school activities with handmade invitations.
Parents and students will enjoy this clever gate fold card inviting them to events at school.
Create invitations to plays, musicals, open house and back-to-school night with these unique cards.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Colored pens or pencils, Construction paper, Crayons or markers
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a 4 3/4" x 12" piece of construction paper for the card.
- Fold card lightly in half and then open back up. Fold in each end to the center fold line. This will make the gate fold card.
- Die-cut two Butterflies from a deeper shade of construction paper, and decorate with crayons, markers or pens.
- Stack the two Butterflies together, and fold them in half.
- Attach half of a folded Butterfly to the inside of a front cover, leaving the other half loose.
- Attach half of the other folded Butterfly to the inside of the other cover, leaving the other half loose. When the card is closed, they appear to make one completed Butterfly and act as handles to open and close the card (Main Photo).
- The invitation can be handwritten or computer generated and attached inside the card.
- If mailing the card, make sure it will fit in an envelope.
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.