Jungle Leaves Bulletin Board
Create this leafy bulletin board for a jungle or rainforest theme or unit.
Students will enjoy seeing their decorated jungle animals placed on the classroom bulletin board.
Create a themed bulletin board that illustrates various animals found in a jungle or rainforest. It is also possible to label each animal on the board with a student’s name in order to list all of the class members.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Hole punch, Markers or pens, Pencil, Scissors, Stapler or tape
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the title for the bulletin board using the Notepad Alphabet, Capital Letters and white construction paper. Attach the letters to the center of the bulletin board.
- Die-cut the Jungle Leaves using different colors of green construction paper.
- With a marker or pen add veins to the leaves.
- The veins may also be created by layering with contraction colored papers.
- Attach the decorated leaves around the top and sides of the bulletin board with tape or a stapler.
- Die-cut the Iguana using two contrasting shades of construction paper.
- Using a pencil draw lines on one Iguana, and then cut along those lines.
- Punch holes in some of the cut pieces using a hole punch.
- Place some of the cut pieces on the whole Iguana alternating cut pieces with the whole Iguana (Main Photo). Attach the Iguana to the title.
- Die-cut the giraffes (from the Zoo Animals die set) using yellow construction paper, and add shading and markings with markers or pens.
- Attach the decorated giraffes to the bottom of the bulletin board.
- Die-cut the birds (from the Pets die set) using various colors of construction paper. Leave some of the bird shapes whole.
- Cut along the beak and wing perforations on some of the birds, and adhere the cut pieces to a whole bird.
- Punch holes in some of the bird bodies, and adhere to a contrasting-colored whole bird body.
- Die-cut the Butterflies in various colors, and use black and white markers for details on the Butterflies bodies.
- You can also give the students a die-cut shape and let them embellish the animals, birds, butterflies and leaves.
- Attach the decorated birds and Butterflies to the bulletin board (Main Photo).
- Discuss various environments and the animals found in different jungles and rainforests.
- Students can write their name on their decorated shape so that the bulletin board will list all of the class members.
National & Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.
NS.K-4.3 Life Science
As a result of their activities in grades K–4, all students should develop an understanding of
- Organisms and environments.