Folded Heart Envelope
Fold your heart into an envelope.
Use this eco-friendly envelope to tell someone special how much you care on Valentine’s Day, Mother’s or Father’s Day or any special occasion.
Combine into one both an envelope and a writing area to create an ecologically sound heart.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Marker or pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- For each student, die-cut an Envelope, Folded Heart, using construction paper. The student can then write a message inside the heart with a marker or pen and glue additional heart shapes onto the paper.
- Fold on all the perforations to make an envelope.
- Students can then seal and address the envelope (Main Photo).
- Discuss ways in which combining the message and the envelope together helps the environment.
Fine Arts & Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are different responses to specific artworks.
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.
NS.K-4.6 Personal and Social Perspectives
As a result of activities in grades K–4, all students should develop understanding of
- Types of resources
- Changes in environments