Love Camp T-Shirt
Customize a T-shirt with a logo, mascot or saying.
Create a T-shirt design for school functions or fundraisers, to align with a subject area or for a craft project.
Students can design their own T-shirt using fabric and fusible adhesive for a myriad of uses.
Supplies Used: Fabric, Fusible adhesive, Iron, Needle or sewing machine, Scissors, T-shirt, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Iron the fusible adhesive onto swatches of fabric, following directions on package.
- Die-cut the Heart and letters out of the adhesive fabric.
- Remove the paper backing from the adhesive, and position the cut shapes on the T-shirt.
- Heat the shapes with an iron, following directions on the package.
- Reinforce the adhesive bond by stitching around the perimeter of each shape. This will add durability when the T-shirt is machine washed and dried (Main Photo).
- If a school mascot is ironed onto the T-shirt, it can be worn and/or sold at various school sporting or other events. If the letters spell out a school grade, students in that grade can wear it for special days or events. With this T-shirt, the uses and ideas are limitless!
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.