Box with Tab
Students can store crayons or small gifts in this easy-to-make box.
This box is great for packaging student-made gifts or for holding crayons.
Students can make their own box to hold their crayons, paper clips or erasers. The box will also hold small gift items.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Box w/Tab shape from cardstock or construction paper.
- Students can decorate the box while it is still flat.
- Fold on all the perforations.
- Place adhesive on the two side tabs and fasten the box together.
- Fold in the sides and then the bottom with a U-shaped opening.
- Fold in the top with the tab until it catches in a U-shaped opening (Main Photo).
- An advantage to this type of box construction is that students can open and close the top without damaging any decoration on the box front.
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas.