Make a heartfelt sleeve holder for Mom’s hot or cold beverages.
These quick, easy and useful sleeves can be placed on cups full of coffee, tea or hot chocolate and on a glass that is wet or slippery. Use a sleeve from a gas station, coffee shop, etc. to make the pattern, or use the Ellison Cup Wrapper die.
Students can create an inexpensive and clever gift for Mother’s Day, holidays or special occasions.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Craft foam, Felt (self-adhesive or regular), Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Using a sleeve as a pattern, trace the sleeve on self-adhesive felt (regular felt or craft foam can also be used). Or die-cut the Cup Wrapper shape using self-adhesive felt, regular felt or craft foam.
- With self-adhesive felt, trim off an edge of the paper backing to expose the adhesive on one end.
- With the longer side of the felt sleeve at the top, curl the felt around the cup. Align the edges, and press down the exposed adhesive end.
- Die-cut a Tiny Heart shape using a contrasting color of self-adhesive felt, and place along the seam.
- If using craft foam or regular felt, be sure to use an appropriate adhesive.
- This would make a great gift for any occasion or holiday, including one for a teacher (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are different responses to specific artworks