Hang this heartfelt message for everyone to enjoy.
Design this Hanging Heart for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s or Father’s Day or Teacher Appreciation Day. It is sure to hang around for a while! Folded flat as a card, it can also be mailed.
Students can create a 3-D Hanging Heart for special occasions and to practice their handwriting skills at the same time.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction and patterned paper, Ribbon, Scissors, White or silver pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Hanging Heart shape using construction paper and a coordinating patterned paper. Students can create their own patterned paper by writing a message repeatedly on plain paper.
- Use patterned and solid papers to embellish both sides of each heart. If your paper layer covers a slit, be sure to recut it with scissors.
- The shape has a slit that allows two hearts to slide together easily.
- Cut a length of ribbon, and make a loop. Tie a knot with the ends.
- To hang the heart, poke the looped and knotted ribbon through the hole in the top.
- When the two hearts slide together, they will create a clever design (Main Photo).
English Language Arts
NL-ENG.K-12.5 Communication Strategies
- Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with difference audiences for a variety of purposes.
National Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.