Box with Connected Lid
Make this easy-to-assemble gift box from one sheet of paper!
Students can place a gift they make for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or Father’s Day inside this clever box with a connected lid.
Use this box for gift giving on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, or to organize small items in desks or to hold Valentine’s Day cards.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock, construction paper or gift wrap
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Box w/Connected Lid shape from desired material.
- Lay the box right side up, and fold on all perforations.
- Place adhesive on each of the small side tabs.
- Before adhering the tabs in place, fold the box at one of the center score lines, and compare the widths of the end sections. The narrower of the two sections will be the bottom of the box and will fit inside the connected lid.
- With the box right side down and the bottom section facing forward, fold the front panel up, and adhere the tabs to the adjoining sides (Main Photo).
- Adhere the tabs in the center of the box to the sides of the bottom section. Adhere the tabs on the lid to the adjoining sides (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas.