Make these paper dolls to dress up or to help illustrate a story.
Have fun dressing these paper dolls for travel, weather or storytelling time.
Coordinate the paper doll clothes to discuss the weather, to use on a game board, to place on a work sheet for storytelling or for playtime.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons or markers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Peeps, Girl and/or the Peeps, Boy shapes from various colors of cardstock or construction paper (or have students decorate the clothes and accessories with crayons or markers).
- Adhere the decorated pieces to the girl or boy.
- Discuss various times and ways each accessory can be added to the girl or boy and why.
- Have students use their embellished Peeps to illustrate a story they have written.
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas.
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.
NS.K-4.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop understanding of
- Organisms and environments