Belly Band Award Wraps
Wrap a diploma or special award in a colorful belly band.
Whether your students are graduating from elementary to junior high school or just from third to fourth grade, a diploma wrapped in a colorful belly band will make the event truly special.
Personalize graduation or award presentations with these clever and unique belly bands.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut one Belly Band, Award shape from construction paper, and leave it whole. Die-cut the two ends of another Belly Band, Award shape from scraps of contrasting paper.
- Trim the two ends of the contrasting belly band, and adhere to the ends of the whole belly band.
- Curl the finished belly band and around and interlock the slits to make the award.
- Die-cut the ribbon, and slide the slit in the ribbon onto the belly band under the award.
- Curl the diploma, award or certificate paper, and slide into the belly band (Figure A).
- You now have a distinctive way to highlight a student’s achievement (Main Photo)!
- Figure A
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.