Butterfly & Dinosaur Books
Oversized Butterfly and Dinosaur Books generate more writing fun!
Enliven creative writing and book reports with these large Butterfly and Dinosaur Books. The extra-large page subtlety encourages additional writing and drawings, and work well for younger children with large printing.
Motivate student writing with these spacious books. Students will be able to add additional facts and pictures about butterflies and dinosaurs while using these fun books.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Brads, Construction and lined paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Butterfly or Dinosaur Book shape from construction paper. Cut as many pages as desired.
- Attach lined paper to some of the pages for writing, and leave other pages blank for drawings.
- Students can decorate their book with crayons, markers or pens.
- Place a small piece of white paper over the dinosaur teeth, and mark where to cut.
- Cut by hand the teeth area, and adhere the teeth to the dinosaur.
- Attach a piece of black paper behind the eye opening of the dinosaur.
- Attach the brads in the openings to hold the pages together (Main Photo).
- Students can write about field trips to butterfly farms or dinosaur digs. What science report on metamorphosis would not be better when written in a Butterfly Book?
English Language Arts
NL-ENG.K-12.12 Applying Language Skills
- Students use spoken, written and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion and the exchange of information).
NS.K-4.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades K–4, all students should develop an understanding of
- Life cycles of organisms.
- Organisms and environments.