Remember student birthdays with this illuminating birthday chart!
A birthday is a special day in every student’s year, so highlight each birthday with a candle showing student names and dates of birth on this bright chart.
This birthday chart will remind everyone to celebrate the birthday of each student in the classroom.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Marker or pen, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- The size of the birthday chart will depend upon the number of students in the classroom.
- Die-cut the Candles from yellow and various colors of construction paper. Leave the yellow Candles whole.
- Highlight the flame on the yellow Candles with a marker or pen.
- Cut off the flames from the various colored Candles, and adhere to the yellow Candles.
- Add a student name and birth date to each Candle.
- Cut a thin strip of paper, and place on the bottom of the chart to evenly space the months with a marker or pen.
- Adhere the Candles on the birthday chart for each month (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.