Make graduation day even more special with a treat tucked in this Diploma.
Graduation marks the end of the school year and moving on to something new, so it’s fun to celebrate with a diploma filled with a special treat.
Include a treat or money with this Diploma to encourage and highlight a student’s achievement at graduation.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Craft knife, Markers or pen, Money or treat
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Diploma #2 shape from white and yellow construction paper. Leave the white Diploma whole.
- Trim the ribbon on the yellow Diploma following the perforations.
- Add shading to the ribbon with markers or pens.
- Adhere the yellow ribbon to the white Diploma.
- With the craft knife, cut two 1" slits about 1/4" apart on the yellow ribbon.
- Write the student’s name and graduation year on the Diploma.
- Insert rolled money, a message or a treat through the slits (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.