Fun Finger Puppets
Use these finger puppets for book reports and role-playing activities.
Students will love incorporating these winsome finger puppets in storytelling and play time.
Make these finger puppets to wrap around student fingers or to place their fingers or a craft stick into the slits to highlight a story or book report about metamorphosis using the Finger Puppet Butterfly.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Crayons, markers or pens, Craft stick, Scissors, Tape or stapler
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Finger Puppet Panda shape from black and white construction paper. Leave the black panda whole.
- Adhere a pink piece of paper behind the white Panda eye opening.
- Cut along the face perforations on the white Panda, and color the eyes and nose with black crayons, markers or pens.
- Adhere the white decorated face to the black Panda, aligning along the perforations.
- Attach the finger wrap piece to the decorated panda.
- Bend the finger wrap piece, and secure the ends together with adhesive, tape or a stapler (Main Photo).
English Language Arts
NL-ENG.K-12.5 Communication Strategies
- Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories.
NS.K-4.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades K–4, all students should develop understanding of
- Life cycles of organisms.