Wow & Star Word Awards
Personalize an award or reward with the Star and Wow/Mom words.
Highlight a student’s name in the openings of these words to identify a job well done.
Honor a student’s efforts with a special award that combines a superlative word and the student’s name.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Crayons, marker or pen, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut two Wow/Mom, Word shapes from construction paper.
- Place adhesive on one shape.
- Cut a piece of paper that is slightly larger than the opening in the O, and adhere to the Wow/Mom Word.
- Adhere the second Wow/Mom Word to the back of the first piece to sandwich the paper in the O opening.
- Decorate the finished word with crayons, markers or pens (Main Photo).
- Flip the WOW word upside down to convert it into a card for Mom on Mother’s Day!
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA.VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.