Spotlight on You
Focus a Spotlight on students and their work.
Place several Spotlights on a bulletin board to shine a light on student work in any number of subject areas.
Highlight student work in any subject area or a student photo with these Spotlights.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Crayons, markers or pens, Photo, Scissors, Tape
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Spotlight #2 shape from various colors of construction paper. The perforations on the shape allow you to add specific details with crayons, markers or pens.
- Trace the open area in the Spotlight, and cut a piece of paper to use as a guide for size and shape.
- Use the paper guide to trim a student’s photo to fit inside the Spotlight opening.
- Tape the photo to the Spotlight, and place the Spotlight on a bulletin board.
- Cut by hand a beam of light coming from the Spotlight to highlight student’s work and photos (Main Photo).
- Place a photo of every student inside a Spotlight for a “Focus on Our Class” bulletin board.
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.