Create an Award to celebrate student success.
Promote academic and social-emotional growth with these easy-to-make Award pins.
Motivate student learning with an incentive to celebrate their accomplishments and efforts they can wear for the day or take home.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Pens (white and black), Pin backs (adhesive), Scissors, Stickers (alphabet), Tape
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Award #2 shape from assorted colors of heavy cardstock. Leave some Awards whole, and trim the top portion from others.
- Attach a different colored top to a whole Award.
- Die-cut the circle, laurel and stars from assorted colors of construction paper or cardstock, and attach a different color circle to each Award.
- Add stars, the laurel or the number 1 to each Award. It's easy to print or use stickers for numbers.
- Attach alphabet stickers for a student's name to personalize the Award.
- Use white and black pens for details.
- Attach an adhesive pin back to the back of the Award (Main Photo).
- Students can receive Award pins for outstanding work in classroom activities, sporting endeavors or outstanding citizenship.
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of art.
NPH-H.K-4.5 Using Communication Skills to Promote Health
Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health—
- Demonstrate ways to communicate care, consideration and respect of self and others.