Pumpkin Pie Color Match Game
Students match a slice of pie to a corresponding pie plate.
Students will enjoy placing a slice of pie on the correct pie plate while matching the color of the pie slice to the appropriately named pie plate.
Instill and reinforce color and word recognition while playing a matching game with slices of pie and pie plates.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Marker, Page protector, Pen, Scissors, Stickers, Tape (double-sided)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the A7 envelope using a page protector. The envelope will hold the game pieces (Figure A).
- Fold on all the perforations. Adhere the tabs with double-sided tape. A label can be added.
- Die-cut the pie slice using brown and assorted colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Leave the brown pie slice whole, and trim along the crust perforations on the other colors.
- Place adhesive on the back of the trimmed slice, and adhere to the brown slice.
- Die-cut the dollop of whipped cream using white paper, and adhere to the pie slice.
- Die-cut the 3" and 5" Circles using white, cream or ivory cardstock. The students can also trace glasses, cups or bowls to create a round plate.
- Color the edge of the 3" Circle with a blue marker.
- Adhere the 3" Circle to the middle of the 5" Circle to resemble a plate.
- Place stickers or print the color on each plate (Main Photo).
- This makes matching colors to a corresponding pie plate a piece of pie!
- Figure A
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum
- Students use spoken, written and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion and the exchange of information).