Flip-Flop Bulletin Board
Create a beach-themed bulletin board with these cute Flip-Flops.
These Flip-Flops can be used singly or in pairs to accommodate the corresponding numbers as the days of the month for a seasonal bulletin board.
Students can decorate the Flip-Flops and the title letters while helping to put together this summery bulletin board.
A pair of Flip-Flops can be turned into flashcards for math problems, spelling or other subject areas for skill practice.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Adhesive foam dots, Adhesive notepad, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, markers or watermark pen, Scissors, Stapler
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Staple thin strips of paper to create a grid for a month with a title and days of the week, and with each day opening large enough to hold a pair of Flip-Flops.
- Die-cut several Border, Wave shapes using blue and white cardstock or construction paper. Leave the blue waves whole. Trim the tops of the white waves with scissors, and adhere to the blue waves.
- Die-cut the letters for the title of the bulletin board from the Notepad Alphabet using cardstock or construction paper.
- Adhere a decorated wave to the bottom of each letter U, and trim the wave along the sides of the letter. Attach the decorated title to the bulletin board (Figure A).
- Die-cut the 2" Block Alphabet letters to represent the days of the week on the calendar. Attach to the bulletin board.
- Die-cut the Flip-Flop #2 shapes and flowers using assorted colors of cardstock or construction paper. To make a pair, simply flip over one Flip-Flop.
- Add shading to the Flip-Flops with crayons, markers or a watermark pen. Attach a strap to the sole of the Flip-Flop.
- Use the sticky part of an adhesive notepad to hold the small center pieces of the flowers while adding shading with crayons, markers or a watermark pen. Attach the center shapes to the flowers.
- Place an adhesive foam dot on the back of a flower, and adhere to a Flip-Flop to add dimension (Figure C).
- Die-cut the Boss-O! numbers for the days of the month, and attach to the decorated Flip-Flops.
- Attach the decorated Flip-Flops to the appropriate days on the bulletin board (Main Photo).
- Die-cut the 4" Block Alphabet letters to spell the word birthday using cardstock or construction paper, and attach to the bulletin board.
- Die-cut several 6" Circles for balloons using cardstock or construction paper. Die-cut several Tiny Hearts, and attach to the bottom of the circle. Attach the completed balloon to the bulletin board (Main Photo).
- Die-cut and decorate a cupcake for each student whose birthday falls in the month (Figure B), and attach to the bulletin board.
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum
Reading Standards: Foundational Skills (K–5)
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom and page by page.