Students will love having their photos displayed in the classroom.
Take photos of the students or have students bring photos from home. The framed photos can be a classroom display or attach them on the bulletin board to display outstanding work and citizenship. Students will enjoy making their own frame and decorations to highlight their photo.
Highlight art or a composition on a bulletin board by overlapping a framed photo. Every student will feel special with their photo and work prominently displayed.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Pencil, Ruler, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the frame and pieces from assorted colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- On the back of one frame, add pencil lines with a ruler around the frame opening to indicate a part to cut away for a mat.
- Adhere the cut mat on one frame and attach the outside of the cut frame over another frame for another mat.
- Embellish the frames with a star, heart or A+ (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art