Advertise school and fundraiser events with this Megaphone.
Advertise a car wash, bake sale, a school play, sporting event or open house with this printed Megaphone that will shout out all the information to student’s parents.
Students will have fun decorating their own Megaphone to take home to their family. The information printed on the Megaphone will garner immediate attention for the school event.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction or copy paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Printer, Scissors, Tape
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Print the information about the event on an 11" x 17" sheet of paper.
- Tape a 9" x 12" sheet of paper to one edge of the Megaphone, 3-D die and die-cut the shape (Figure A). Save the plain cut shapes for another project, but leave the negative design taped to the die (Figure B).
- The negative shape that is taped to the Megaphone die allows the positioning of the printed information to show through (Figure B).
- Slide the 11" x 17" printed paper under the negative shape that is taped to the die, position the information and die-cut (Figure C).
- Add any extra embellishments to the Megaphone while it is flat.
- Place adhesive on the tabs, slide them into the slits and adhere them to the opposite inside edge of the Megaphone (Main Photo).
- Student can also decorate the Megaphone and add information by writing or printing directly on the paper (Figure D).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- Students understand there are various purposes for creating works of visual art