Birthday Door Hanger
Design a unique birthday Door Hanger for each student to take home.
Students will enjoy creating a birthday Door Hanger to hang on the door of their bedroom at home as a birthday reminder to all who enter.
Each student can make a distinctive birthday Door Hanger to enjoy at home to help celebrate their birthday.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock, Colored Vellum, Marker or pen, Scissors, Adhesive machine
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Door Hanger using white cardstock.
- Run colored vellum through a adhesive machine to create self-adhesive sheets of colored vellum.
- Punch 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4" Circles from all the colors of vellum. Remove the backing, and fasten the Circles to the Door Hanger to create multi colored polka dots.
- Overlap the Circles to show that red and blue make purple or yellow and blue make green.
- Print or handwrite birthday information on the Door Hanger.
- Die-cut the candle from the Cupcake w/Candle & Cherry, and attach a candle to complete the project (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
NS.K-4.2 Physical Science
As a result of the activities in grades K–4, all students should develop an understanding of
- Properties of objects and materials