Create these opposite Mittens for clever antonym flashcards.
Mittens are the perfect shapes to use when studying antonyms like left and right or hello and goodbye. Students will enjoy adding details to the Mittens.
Students can use the Mitten flash cards to drill and reinforce the understanding that an antonym has the opposite meaning of another word.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Black pen or marker, Cardstock or construction paper, Colored markers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Mitten in sets of two. One Mitten in each set will be flipped.
- Die-cut cuffs for the Mittens from contrasting scraps.
- Trace the perforations on each cuff with a marker to add detail.
- Adhere the embellished cuffs to the Mittens.
- Print antonyms on sets of Mittens that correspond to grade level (Main Photo).
English Language Arts-Language-Kindergarten
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use:
- Demonstrate understanding of frequently occurring verbs and adjectives by relating them to their opposites (antonyms).