Make Believe Masks
Create masks for celebrations, storytelling and plays.
Custom-designed masks are quick and easy to make for dress-up, parties, celebrations, plays and storytelling.
Students will enjoy creating a unique mask for special occasions and playtime.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Mask strap or ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Mask, Make Believe from assorted colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut a second set of the various shapes on the mask die to make pairs.
- Decorate the various shapes with crayons, markers or pens, and adhere to the mask (Figure A).
- Attach an elastic mask strap or length of ribbon through the holes on the sides of the mask.
- Students can wear these masks for dress-up, holidays, plays and storytelling time (Main Photo).
- Figure A
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques and Processes
- Students use different media, techniques and processes to communicate ideas, experiences and stories
NA-VA.K-4.2 Using Knowledge of Structures and Functions
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning