Here's a T-shirt that students will enjoy wearing while learning about dinosaurs.
Create Dinosaur T-shirts for each student to wear as they study dinosaurs and their habitats. The students can choose a dinosaur that appeals to them the most.
Students are motivated to investigate the dinosaur on their T-shirt and share with the classroom what they have found out about their dinosaur. Wearing the T-shirt home facilitates a conversation between parents and students regarding facts they have learned about the dinosaur.
Supplies Used: Black marker, Scissors, Self-adhesive felt, T-shirt
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut your chosen Dinosaur using self-adhesive felt in red and orange.
- On the back of the orange Dinosaur, use a black marker to outline every other plate (along the perforations) as a guide for cutting.
- Trim along the marked perforations.
- Peel the backing off the orange Dinosaur and place the orange Dinosaur on the red Dinosaur to create dimensionality.
- Peel the backing off the red Dinosaur and place the layered Dinosaur on a T-shirt, tote bag, visor or any fabric project (Main Photo).
Fine Arts-Visual Arts
NA-VA.K-4.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum
NS-K-4.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades K–4, all students should develop an understanding of
- The characteristics of organisms
- Life cycles of organisms
- Organisms and environments