Vocabulary Puzzle Spanish/English
A puzzle is a great way to practice foreign vocabulary words.
Three-part puzzles are created with the English word on the beginning Puzzle Piece, a picture on the middle Puzzle Piece and the Spanish word on the end Puzzle Piece. The puzzle will work for any language conversion or even for several conversions if extra middle pieces are added to accommodate another language.
Students will practice English–Spanish word recognition while enjoying puzzle fun.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, colored markers or pens, Letter stickers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Puzzle Pieces using cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut a butterfly from Butterflies #4 (or cut a picture from a magazine or draw a butterfly).
- Students can add details to the butterfly with crayons, colored markers or pens.
- Place adhesive on the back of the butterfly and attach to the middle Puzzle Piece.
- Attach an English word with letter stickers (or have the students write the word) on the beginning Puzzle Piece.
- Attach a corresponding Spanish word with letter stickers (or have the students write the word) on the end Puzzle Piece.
- Students can combine the Puzzle Pieces to practice their foreign language skills (Main Photo).
- Repeat this process for every new word (Figures A & B).
- Figure A
- Figure B
English Language Arts
NL-ENG.K=12.9 Multicultural Understanding
- Students develop an understanding of and respect for diversity in language use, patterns and dialects across cultures, ethnic groups, geographic regions and social roles.