Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Ribbon, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut two of each shape using Self-Adhesive Felt. Die-cut one shape with the right side (felt) against the rubber of the die; and the second with the wrong side (paper) against the rubber of the die (Figure A). Alternately, cardstock, construction or patterned paper may also be used to make a bookmark. Use glue or double-sided tape to attach the shape to the ribbon.
- Cut a ribbon to desired length.
- Place ribbon flat. Peel backing from one die-cut and adhere to ribbon. Place other die-cuts, as desired, along the ribbon (Figure B).
- Turn the ribbon over, peel backing from matching die-cut and adhere to same shape.
- These creative bookmarks are now ready to give as gifts or to sell at a fundraiser (see Main Photo).