Chill Out Library Poster
Design a snowman poster for the library.
Inspire students to visit the library through creative posters. Lead a Library Poster Contest and provide die-cut shapes for students to incorporate into their submissions. Students will enjoy visiting the library with student artwork decorating the walls.
Generate interest in visiting the library with a creative poster.
Supplies Used: Buttons, Cardboard, Cardstock, Cloth, Glue, Scissors, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a 12" x 18" light blue piece of cardstock or adhere a 12" x 18" sheet of light blue construction paper to the same size of cardboard. This will be used as the background for the poster.
- Die-cut two white Icicle Borders from construction paper and adhere to the top of the poster using glue or other adhesive. Trim the Border along the edge of the poster (Figure A).
- Using a 12" x 18" sheet of white construction paper, tear the paper creating snow mounds and adhere to the bottom 2" of the poster. Trim along the edges.
- Die-cut the words "Chill Out" using 2" Fruit Smoothie Alphabet from dark blue paper and adhere below the Icicle Border (Figure B).
- Die-cut XL Snowman, Country using white paper. Die-cut XL Country Snowman again from the arms up, using dark brown and two colors of red paper. Cut the brown arms off and adhere them to the white Snowman. Cut the lighter red hat following the perforations. Cut the dark red cuff of the hat into strips and adhere the strips to the lighter red hat.
- Attach a strip of black paper behind the eyes of the Snowman and cut a long thin orange triangle for the nose. Adhere the nose to the Snowman.
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 14" strip of red plaid cloth. Pull the threads at both ends to create fringe and tie the scarf around the neck of the Snowman. Secure the scarf.
- Adhere the decorated Snowman to the poster (Figure C).
- Using three 3" lengths of red thread and three red heart buttons, tie the threads in a knot on the top of each button and trim to 1/2". Adhere the three buttons to the holes on the Snowman.
- Die-cut a 2" Block Alphabet "@" using black paper and adhere to the bottom of the poster.
- Computer or hand-print the words "Your Library" at the bottom of the poster (Figure D).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D