Note: Holiday place cards are easily created with the Basic Beginnings Christmas Tree or Christmas Tree #2 or #3. Christmas Tree #1 or the Fir Tree will work if the stem is cut off.
Supplies Used: Black Marking Pen, Cardstock, Double-Sided Tape, Glue, Ruler, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
Christmas Tree #3 is used to create the place card.
Follow these steps to design place card using any of the Christmas Trees listed in Dies Used.
- Die-cut two LG Christmas Tree #3 from green cardstock or construction paper. Cut two for each place card desired.
- Measure the die-cut from top to bottom in the center (Figure A). The LG Christmas Tree #3 is 4 1/2" tall. Cut a slit half the height of the Tree (2 1/4") from the top down to the center on one of the Trees and from the bottom up to the center on the other Tree (Figure B).
- Die-cut two Tiny Stars for each place card from yellow cardstock or construction paper.
- Adhere one of the Stars to the top of the Tree with the slit from the bottom up to the center (Figure C).
- Turn the Tree over and adhere the second Star to the back of the first one, sandwiching the tip of the Tree between the two Stars.
- Write each guest's name on the left half of the Tree with the Star. Both Trees may be decorated if desired.
- Slide the two Christmas Trees together and open. May be folded flat for easy storage (Figure D).
Note:The Snowman also makes a wonderful place card for the winter season (Figure E).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
- Figure E