Learn to count with this caterpillar.
This is super easy to create and will look great on your classroom wall. It helps children learn to count in a fun and eye catching way.
To be able to count to 6 and identify the numbers.
Supplies Used: Glue, sticky tape, string, pink or red chalk, scissors (Please check machine compatibility for any additional accessories that may be required for use with these dies)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut 7 circles using the Framelit die set (657551) from different colored cardstock (one must be green).
- Die-cut the numbers 1 to 6 from white cardstock using(16292-4IN).
- Use spray adhesive to adhere the numbers onto the circles.
- Make the eyes for the caterpillar by die-cutting two small circles using the Framelit set (657551) from gray cardstock.
- Hand cut a semi-circle for the mouth and two antennae from gray cardstock. Adhere the eyes, mouth and antennae on to the face of the caterpillar using glue.
- Use pink chalk to add rosy cheeks to the caterpillar.
- On the back of the circle use sticky tape to attach the string onto the caterpillar, ready to hang on your classroom wall.