Compound Word Puzzle
Puzzle out compound words with a picture or a word on each Puzzle piece.
Use Puzzle pieces to show how words combine to form compound words and allow students to create unique combinations to demonstrate understanding.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pens, Crayons, Glue, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut LG Puzzle #5 using green cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut a Star using blue paper. Adhere to Puzzle piece #1. Computer or hand print the word "star" on the back of the Puzzle piece.
- Die-cut a Fish using orange, black and white paper. Leave the orange Fish whole. Cut the face and strips from the black Fish and adhere to the orange Fish. Cut smaller matching strips from the white Fish and adhere to the black strips. Adhere the embellished Fish to Puzzle piece #3. Alternatively, students may color or embellish the Fish as desired
- Computer or hand print the word "fish" on the back of the Puzzle piece to create a second way to combine compound words (Figure A).
- Create various Puzzles for any subject area.
- Figure A